Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

 Prompt Response: In my 10th grade literature class, I wrote a poem. My teacher had us read a poem about a non-living object's perspective in a human's daily life. As a result of that poem, she had us write about a object we use everyday but from it's perspective. I wrote a poem about lip gloss. The writing process of the poem was very creative considering I feel like I need to take lip gloss with me everywhere. I wrote about the shape, the use of it, and how once it runs out I replace it. I was satisfied with my finished product, and my teacher loved the object choice I used. She also told us to make the paper colorful with pictures so I wrote the lip gloss I was using at the time, which was the elf lip oil, and flowers. I was thinking about this poem once we started talking about poems in AP Lang, but unfortunately i'm sure I threw it away right before the new school year. 

Summary: In class today we read a poem about risk and watched a video of someone taking a risk. 

Reflection: I learned what absurdity means, which is unnecessary. I also learned that if a poem doesn't have a title, the first line becomes the title. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?