How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Prompt Response: I've been living in Atlanta all my life. I've only ever moved around from Dekalb county to Peachtree Corners in Gwinnett county. I don't live with my father but I'm always with him and he lives in downtown Atlanta, so I have plenty of experiences from there. Being around different parts of Atlanta/Metro Atlanta shows how differently organizations work and the way people present themselves. When I moved to Peachtree corners my 7th grade year, everyone kept saying I had an accent that I didn't know I had. It was a boy I became friends with that had moved from New York that also had a accent, so with him being unfamiliar with the environment, the way I talked was completely different. I would want people who are unfamiliar with Atlanta to understand the community, the way people act/talk, the way they dress, the "lingo", and the food we may give out that other states don't. 

Summary: Absent

Reflection: Absent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?