Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now?
Prompt: Recently, me and this boy stopped talking. I asked a question I already knew the answer to and pushed the narrative that caused us to stop talking. My goal was to get an answer to the question hoping I'd be different. My intention wasn't to be argumentative and it didn't come off that way because we didn't argue, it was more of an understandable disagreement. What I would do now is not ask questions I know the answer to, or most importantly the famous phrase "don't ask questions you don't want the answer to". For example, in "Thank You for Arguing" chapter 2 explains how to seduce a cop. The point is to get your way in the end by letting the opponent win points in order to get to the goal.
Summary: During class we read through a book called "Thank You for Arguing" and analyzed it.
Reflection: I learned how to change the mood and tone during a situation to get my way in the end without so much chaos. The discussion in class is very helpful in the future when I start driving with possible ways to get out of a ticket or being detained.
Comments
Post a Comment