Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
Prompt Response: During the summer time, me and a boy were talking about fruit. He said he likes grapefruit and I said "grapefruit tastes like the color purple". In my opinion I think the color purple has a taste to it, most people would disagree, but it's a mindset thing. He didn't understand it, so I called my cousin. She said the same thing I said, in fact, she said the color purple tastes strong and I couldn't agree more. It's a crazy opinion but only we would understand. To support my opinion I used cake icing and medicine as an example. Some cupcake icing are sweet, while others are more bitter. Purple icing tastes like medicine. It's a ridiculous opinion but i'm not changing my mind, especially when someone close to me agrees. Explaining a claim or opinion can help the opposing side understand the argument better, it also helps the opposing side understand why there is an argument. It helps prove a point, but in this situation he couldn't understand where me and my cousins were coming from, he really tried to understand us by going to his parents about the topic, but he didn't and that's fine.
Summary: We discussed a topic about "good kills" before writing a paragraph.
Reflection: I learned and understood both sides of the argument. One side was self defense, while the other side is no killing, but still defending yourself and letting the other person think and regret their decisions.
Comments
Post a Comment