Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

 Prompt: My mom had a problem with me not being able to compromise with no lashes but having braids in my hair. I didn't understand the point of that and felt like she was hating. I wanted her to understand why I wanted to wear the lashes for this particular day. I used ethos as credibility by explaining that I don't get braids often, so I felt like I didn't have to compromise just to wear lashes to my half cap ceremony. I used logos by bringing my past events of things she has said or done that I also felt were unreasonable that led up to the conversation. I used pathos by showing my irritation towards her about the situation that made her also feel those emotions which made her change her mind about the things she was saying that led up to me being able to do what I want. Pathos was more effective because she saw how much her actions and words irritate me for certain situations that made her want to change her approach.

Summary: In class we presented our origin name assignment. We also started on a logo, pathos, and ethos scenario worksheet.

Reflection: I have learned more about my classmates and their background of their name. That was an opportunity as a start to getting to know the names of the people in my class and also a little information about them. That presentation made it easier for me to put a name to a face for the people I didn't know before we shared a class together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?