A fear I have overcame
Prompt: Growing up, I always slept in my mom's bed until I was old enough to sleep in my own bed. Even with my own bed I still preferred her bed. I was scared of the dark, so when I did sleep in my own room I had fairy lights on my window and a nightlight. As I grew into a teenager i'd just sleep with my TV on with really low volume because for a reason I don't understand, I can't sleep in complete silence. I would only sleep in the dark if I was in the room with other people, if I wasn't with other people i'd feel like something is behind me. Now, I can sleep in the dark without anyone with me, but I still prefer to have my TV on for light noise or the fan on high. Being afraid of the dark was due to my thoughts about demons and monsters, obviously I know those aren't real, but I watch a lot of horror movies.
Comments
Post a Comment