After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

 Prompt Response: While reviewing other essays and grading them through the rubric, I learned more about how to explain evidence and how long the evidence should be. I also learned that the claim supposedly isn't In the first paragraph as the first sentence, except that's the prompt. Each essay I reviewed made it easy for me to dissect between a proficient and a unproficient paragraph. The "so what?" explanations for each essay helps me understand how to explain the evidence and provide relevant evidence for the prompt. Getting a low grade is impossible if you're using the AP rubric correctly, which is why I think after reviewing the essays, I will get a good grade on my essay.

Summary: In class today we reviewed multiple essays.

Reflection: I learned the difference between a low grade and high grade essay. I also learned to understand the rubric more that includes the points. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?