In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

 Prompt Response: In August, my mom set me up two interviews at two different Chick-fil-A locations. At the first interview I wasn't quite myself, I was more making myself seem like someone else just so they could hire me. I also was very shocked at the fact that it was a group interview in the open where the customers eat. But, in the second interview, I felt entirely better. The hire manager was very understanding to my schedule as a teenager, and she related to many of my interest. We had a lot in common from when she was a teenager, like for example, being a cheerleader. It was nice having someone understand some of my interests and also someone so enjoyable to talk to. The interview lasted around 40 minutes, and I didn't realize that much time had passed by. She also offered free food at the end of the interview. My sense of belonging was created due to having a conversation with someone who was really understanding and had much in common with me, despite age. 

Reflection: In class today we completed a Common lit and blog post.

Summary: I learned different senses of belonging. I also learned my own sense of belonging. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?