Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
Prompt Response: One of the vocabulary words that stood out to me was metamorphosis. The definition for metamorphosis is a transformation or dramatic change. Personally, I think that'd be useful for me in the future as a more advanced word in my vocabulary to explain a dramatic transformation. A situation I could realistically use this word in is the transition of a frog. A frog starts off as a tadpole that eventually grows legs and a tail, while also getting bigger. The appearance between a tadpole and a fully grown frog is completely different, indicating that it made a dramatic change, which makes it an example of a metamorphosis. Another example would be a popular topic which is a butterfly. Metamorphosis is an easy vocabulary word that I'm sure I can remember as far as the meaning and the actual word itself.
Summary: In class today we did vocab and a exercise for the vocab words.
Reflection: I learned a few words visibly. I also learned what some of the vocab words mean.
Comments
Post a Comment