Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take?

 Prompt Response: During assignments that require a rubric, I usually scan through the rubric if I feel like I already know what to do. However, when I feel stuck I'll constantly go back to the rubric to think of what to do next. It is important to use the rubric while you're writing so you know the expectations the assignment requires to get the expected grade. Using the rubric could be used as a road map to improve your writing by giving you the idea of how much to put in the assignment and perfect it. If students constantly only look at the rubric after the assignment is turned in and graded, then they'll never have the opportunity to improve their work as they go. 

Summary: Absent

Reflection: Absent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?