Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.
Prompt Response: A phrase I use frequently is "clock that tea". That phrase means to check someone about their information or a form of attitude. It's a popular phrase among a app called "TikTok". I don't understand why it has become part of my daily vocab, but I'm sure it's because of my ego. I'm quite dramatic in a playful way with my friends and whenever we are playing about a situation, the phrase comes out. I typically use this phrase whenever someone thinks they're right but they aren't or whenever someone says something bad about me and I say something back. Sometimes I say it randomly with no context, and that's because of how frequently I say it. This phrase reveals that I could be petty or problematic. Although I am not problematic, I can be petty, but it's always in a playful tone.
Summary: In class we did sections of a book to learn 15 vocab words.
Reflection: I was exposed to a few words that I am unfamiliar with. I also learned the concept of the meaning to some of the vocab words, but not quite fully.
Comments
Post a Comment