Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

 Prompt Response: On a regular day basis, I normally use informal language. When a certain vocabulary is used daily, it becomes unrecognizable during formal situations even when you're not trying to. During a interview, I realized that I have used informal language. I'm not sure if they've realized because of how normalize certain words are. Looking back, I wouldn't say anything different due to it being a small mistake that I didn't realize until my AP Lang class. I would rather look at the situation as a learning lesson to not make the mistake again due to not knowing I made that small mistake. Little things about yourself can go far, so I'm thankful to know now how to respond accordingly and practice separating my personal vocabulary and formal. 

Summary: In class we reviewed other classmates's paragraphs and gave feedback.

Reflection: I've learned how to identify a problem in a paragraph if it doesn't explain the claim correctly. I also learned the different perspectives of others that I wouldn't agree with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?