Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.

 Prompt Response: Learning about clustering was a very helpful lesson for me. During my essay I didn't plan that way, which caused me to be unprepared when it was time to write my essay in a certain amount of time. Writing out each body paragraph topic and what goes under that 3 different ways is very helpful to explain when it's time to explain evidence while writing the body paragraph. I definitely would use clustering on my next AP essay to help myself know what to write. Most of the time in school, I'm just existing and doing the work, but not actually feeling productive. I feel productive every once in a while of the school year when I completed multiple assignments without stopping. I'm sure the next essay I will be prepared and present a better presentation to submit than I did this time around. To me it's all about improvement, and hopefully I improve. 

Summary: In class today we talked about clustering.

Reflection: I learned how to plan before writing a essay. I also reflected on how I prepared for my essay this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11th changed American aspects, think of a major event that has happened during your lifetime?

Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?